What is the Process for Applying?
Our application process typically occurs quarterly and our selection process is thorough and involves several important steps:
- There is criteria you must meet to be eligible to apply, and there are some things that will result in disqualification. To learn about these, visit our recruiting page: ArvadaBuiltBlue.org
- Upon meeting the minimum requirements, candidates will complete and pass:
- Initial testing
- Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ)
- Academy Training
- Medical, Psychological, and Polygraph Evaluations
- Background Investigation
- Colorado Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Certification
- Any current lateral law enforcement officers in Colorado may also apply. Interested out-of-state lateral candidates must qualify for certification under Colorado POST regulations.
What about Salary & Benefits?
At Arvada PD, we offer competitive salary and benefits packages, which include (but is not limited to):
- Competitive Pay with Shift Differentials
- Overtime Pay
- On-Call Compensation
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
Take a look at our City Benefits and Pay for more information.
Where Can I Find More Information?
- Our Recruiting Page: ArvadaBuiltBlue.org
- Colorado Peace Officer Standards and Training
- Consider going for a Ride-Along - see what policing is really like!
- Follow Arvada Police on Facebook
- by Public Safety (Police)