Marge Roberts Park Renovations Project Page
The City of Arvada checks parks and playgrounds across the City for accessibility, maintenance and safety issues as part of the City’s “Taking Lasting Care” (TLC) Program that began in 2012 under direction from City Council. This program is funded through the City's Capitol Improvement Plan, which is reviewed and approved by City Council each year.
Ideally, one or more parks are prioritized based on age or wear for improvements depending on the budget, scope and staff capacity. Some improvements may be prioritized ahead of other parks in order to achieve these City goals.
The preliminary themes and final designs are often chosen by the community through public engagement events that are tailored to the local and/or larger community.
Renovations Coming Soon
McIlvoy and Creekside Playground Renovations
- Fall of 2022: The first round of public surveys on Speak Up Arvada were completed. Residents were able to share their preferences for playground themes and equipment.
- Fall/Winter 2022: The City team incorporated feedback into playground design options.
- Early 2023: Surveys on Speak Up Arvada were open from Feb. 6 through March 6 for the community to share their input on final design options.
- Spring 2023: The design team incorporated feedback received from the community to make final design selections for McIlvoy and Creekside Parks.
- For Creekside Park, the Wildlife Theme (Option 2 in the survey) designed by Altitude Recreation was selected.
- For McIlvoy Park, the Traditional Theme (Option 2 in the survey) designed by Star Playgrounds was selected.
- Late Summer/Early Fall 2023: Construction begins on playground renovations for McIlvoy and Creekside.
- The City is reevaluating the scope of the Robby Ferrufino Park renovation, including making it an all-abilities playground. We anticipate seeking input for the design of that project in the fall of 2023.
* Timeline is subject to change depending on weather and other variables.
Lakecrest Park Playground Renovation
The Lakecrest Park Playground opened to the public in January 2023. The City greatly appreciates the community's patience and understanding as we worked to ensure the playground met our strict safety standards.
Alice Sweet Thomas Park Court Renovation
The Alice Sweet Thomas Park court renovation was completed in November 2022. The multi-purpose courts are now open to the public.
The courts were last resurfaced in 2009, but over time the asphalt deteriorated and needed to be replaced. Coatings, Inc. began the project in July by removing the old asphalt, and then cleaning and grinding the surface to prepare it for the new top coat. The project also allowed the City of Arvada's Utilities Department to inspect the top of the water tank on site and check for possible failure.
Lake Arbor Recreation Center Playground Renovation
The Lake Arbor Recreation Center Playground renovation was completed in August 2022. The playground's new design was selected by the community through various public engagement initiatives.
For more information, please submit a request through Ask Arvada.