Skip Main Navigation
City Facilities Closed Monday May 29 In observance of Memorial Day, all City facilities will be closed on Monday, May...
Waste Hauling Service Delay Republic Services will experience a one day service delay the week of May 29 in observance of Memorial...
Skip to Content

Transient Merchants and Entertainment

Transient Merchant permits are required for certain types of vendors, merchants, and/or entertainers operating in specific places. Examples include food carts, portrait artists, balloon salespeople, musical performers, and jugglers. Transient Merchant permits are required for a range of activities across many zoning districts. For a comprehensive list of vendor types requiring a Transient Merchant permit, please see  Transient Merchants and Entertainment in the Land Development Code.

Are There Exceptions?

There are some temporary vendor activities that do not require a Transient Merchant permit. Examples include:

  • Businesses having sidewalk or similar outdoor sales adjacent to their business. These require Temporary Outdoor Sales permits.
  • Special Events including Olde Town Events, Race Events, Public Park Events, and more. These require Special Events permits.
  • Individuals selling newspapers, leaflets, pamphlets, bumper stickers, or buttons.


Please call 720-898-7435 for further information about Transient Merchant permits.