Crime prevention classes are back! With rising crime trends and more calls for service, we need you more than ever. Please attend one of the following classes, and let's send criminals somewhere else.
The Community Response Impact Team (CRIT) of the Arvada Police Department offers residents and business owners the opportunity to participate in crime prevention classes.
The Crime Prevention Class is a two-hour class geared towards citizens interested in learning basic crime prevention tips and tools to help reduce crime. The topics that are covered in this class include:
- Crime Prevention for your Home
- Reporting Crime
- Vacation Tips
- How the Police Respond to Calls
- Protecting your Neighborhood
- How to be a Good Witness
- Good Habits
- Overall Questions and Specific Concerns About your Neighborhood
The class will also cover crime and statistics and how to become more involved with the Neighbors Connected program. A question-and-answer period will be offered.
How to Register
For more information or to register for either class use the form linked below or call the CRIT team at 720-898-6883. Registration is required, and space is limited, so those wanting to participate are encouraged to register early.
General Crime Prevention:
- Thursday, March 16, 2023, from 6 pm to 8 pm at Lake Arbor Community Station 8110 Vance Dr, Arvada, CO.
- Thursday, April 27, 2023, from 6 pm to 8 pm at Arvada City Hall (Anne Campbell Room), 8101 Ralston Rd. Arvada, CO.
- Thursday, May 25, 2023, from 6 pm to 8 pm West Woods Community Station, 6644 Kendrick Dr. Arvada, CO.
- Thursday, June 15, 2023, from 6 pm to 8 pm Whisper Creek Community Station, 14360 W 89 Dr. Arvada, CO.
- Thursday, August 17. 2023, from 6 pm to 8 pm at Arvada City Hall (Anne Campbell Room), 8101 Ralston Rd, Arvada, CO.
- Thursday, October 19, 6 pm to 8 pm, Lake Arbor Community Station 8110 Vance Dr, Arvada, CO.